3D modeler and texture artist with 7+ years of experience. Comfortable with 3D hard surface modeling and texturing, visual design, graphic design, creative project management. Currently exploring UX/UI design.
- Managed the creation of 3D art assets for various hyper-casual mobile games from various artists
- Mentored other artists and provided guidance during challenging times
- Optimized new and existing art assets for mobile devices
- Contributed to more than 40 projects, more than a third as sole or primary artist
- Contributions included creating new 3D Game assets, assembling and altering existing assets, UI design, graphic design, creation of storyboards and wireframes, and implementation of assets in Unity 3D
Art and design for hypercasual mobile games including:
- Concept and Design
- Storyboards and wireframes
- Documentation, including process and standards docs
- Hard surface 3D modeling and texturing
- Adapting and optimizing purchased and existing assets
- Importing assets into Unity 3D, organizing and assembling prefabs
- Setting up lighting, rendering, and post effects settings in Unity 3D
- Graphic design and UI design
Freelance art and design services focusing on 3D hard surface modeling and texturing, and visual/graphic design.
- Grumpy Witch: Emilia's Revenge: Rapid creation and iteration of stylized 3D game props and assets for 2.5D platformer. Advised on and de
- Created 3D models of water and wastewater treatment plants and equipment, using layout sketches, diagrams, building plans, cut sheets, and parts documents.
- Worked closely with the Marketing Manager to develop a completely new look for company-wide marketing materials.
- Produced artwork for conference booth, billboard, and internal signage.
- Developed course materials that exposed students to multiple facets of the 3D workflow, and encouraged exploring alternate methods and ways of doing things.
- Classes taught include Game Modeling, Environmental Modeling, Hard Surface and Organic Modeling, Advanced Hard Surface and Organic Modeling.
- Coordinated the activities of artists, programmers, designers, and external team members on dozens of games.
- Dramatically cut the time required for milestone estimation and reduced the need for input by automating the estimation process in Excel.
- Managed four complete projects from concept and planning, through production and handoff: Empress Tai Yang, Lucky Peach, Lucky Lamp, and Golden Dragon.
- Imported game assets into Unity game engine and managed game asset library.
- Increased throughput to keep pace as production increased by 20% ± each year.
- Designed and wrote updated test plans and procedures.
- Got new testers quickly up to speed without losing production speed or quality.