I was tasked with first reducing the poly count of some existing cartoony tank models, and then creating a texture that could be applied to multiple models with minimal effort. This was a proof of concept test.
I used Modo to reduce the polygon count of each from around 50,000 to under 3,000 tris. I used Substance Designer to create a procedural texture that would conform to different meshes with just a few manual placement nodes to account for differences in UV layout.
I moved everything I could into separate, shared graphs, so changes are propagated across all models. Has exposed controls for paint damage, mud splatter, and paint color. This allows for rapid iteration and variants.
I had a blast making this (pun intended) and really deepened my knowledge of Substance Designer.
Client work, I make no claim of ownership: www.PixelConstructor.com